Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Peta2 Facebook Page



Peta2 Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/peta2?fref=ts




As I was scrolling down my newsfeed on Facebook I saw a link that my friend had shared about a woman who was “beaten” and “killed” for her fur ( she was not actually beat or killed) which was supposed to resemble humans beating and killing non-humans for their fur. There were other videos as well, such as one that was for the awareness of rabbit abuse in Asia. I noticed The Facebook page belonged to Peta2, an organization directed to the youth to learn more about animal rights. While on their Facebook page I found several interesting articles of informing the public about factory farming, animal testing, vegan foods, and etc. As I looked through some of the comments on some of the posts I found that were offended by Peta2 because of their graphic content. I found myself agreeing with those comments because I also do not like seeing such horrible videos of cute fluffy animals getting tortured, skinned, or hurt while alive. There are now horrendous  sounds and images I will never be able to get out of my head, but I guess I also understand that if people don’t see how graphic and intense these animals have it then the world will never see or understand why animal cruelty has to stop…I encourage others to take a minute and look through some of the articles on the Facebook page and educate themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment